Data Protection Policy
NEBOSH needs to collect certain types of information about people with which it deals in order to operate. This includes information relating to current, past or prospective employees, course providers, students, suppliers, clients and others with whom it communicates. In addition, NEBOSH may occasionally be required by law to collect and use certain types of information to comply with the requirements of government departments.
The Data Protection Act provides various safeguards relating to the management of individuals’ personal data. It places a number of obligations on NEBOSH to ensure that data is managed effectively and lawfully. NEBOSH fully endorses and adheres to the principles of data protection, as set out in the Data Protection Act 1998.
To comply with the Data Protection Act NEBOSH will;
- Ensure fair collection and use of information;
- Meet its legal obligation to specify the purposes for which information is used;
- Collect and process appropriate information needed to fulfil operational need or comply with legal requirements;
- Ensure the quality of information used;
- Ensure that information is held for no longer than necessary;
- Ensure that the rights of an individual are fully exercised under the Act;
- Take appropriate technical and organisational security measures to safeguard personal information;
- Ensure that personal information is not transferred to a country outside the EEU without suitable safeguard;
Under the Data Protection Act 1998, you can make a formal request to receive copies of any information held by NEBOSH. To do this you are required to submit a subject access request. Please visit www.nebosh.org.uk for further information
If you still have any outstanding queries after reading these documents, please contact
email@example.com and we will be happy to help.