Below is a list of some of the most Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) we receive. If the question you have is not answered here, please get in touch by clicking on Contact. 

Where can I find details of the graduation ceremony?

NEBOSH hold an annual Graduation and Awards Ceremony in the United Kingdom in the Summer. For details about the upcoming ceremony, eligibility and how to book, please click here.  If you have any further questions email graduation@nebosh.org.uk or call + (0)116 263 4700. 

What are the benefits of Alumni membership?

At NEBOSH we value our Diploma holders and we want to help you continue your professional development.  The benefits of being a member include:

  • Networking with fellow practitioners
  • An ongoing programme of CPD events
  • Research to Practice journal
  • The latest NEBOSH news
  • Invitations to help share the future of NEBOSH qualifications
  • Access to NEBOSH Alumni social media groups
If I want to continue my studies, what are the next steps?

You could consider another Diploma-level qualification. For further information about these, click here.

 Alternatively, we have partnered with The University of Hull, and offer Masters Degrees by distance learning in Occupational, Health, Safety and Environmental Management subjects. For more information click here.

How do I acquire professional status with a membership body?

NEBOSH qualifications are recognised by a number of professional membership bodies and we have provided details below:


The following NEBOSH qualifications are accredited by the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) as meeting their requirements for Graduate Membership (Grad IOSH), and after completion of IOSH’s Initial Professional Development Scheme; Chartered Membership (CMIOSH).

  • National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety
  • International Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety
  • National Diploma Part 2 (no longer available to new students)

For further information, please visit IOSH’s website.



The above three NEBOSH Diploma-level qualifications are also accredited by the International Institute of Risk and Safety Management (IIRSM) as meeting the academic requirements for membership (MIIRSM).

The National Diploma in Environmental Management meets the academic requirements for IIRSM Specialist Membership (SIIRSM).

For further information, please visit IIRSM’s website.



Holders of the NEBOSH National or International Diploma in Environmental Management meet the academic requirements for IEMA Practitioner (PIEMA) level membership. You can have your application fast tracked, provided that you apply within three years of achieving your Diploma.

For further information, please visit IEMA’s website



Holders of either the NEBOSH National or International Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety and either the NEBOSH National or International Certificate in Construction Health and Safety, all meet the requirements for Registered Construction Safety Practitioner (RMaPS) membership of the Association for Project Safety (APS).

For further information, please visit APS website 


How do I access NEBOSH Alumni social media networks?

NEBOSH have created a couple of social media platforms for you to network with other members, share best practice and keep up to date with NEBOSH news. Please request to join the groups below (please note you will be asked to verify that you are eligible to join the alumni):

NEBOSH Alumni LinkedIn

NEBOSH Alumni Facebook Group


How do I request a copy of my certificate?

To request a replacement copy of your certificate, email Customer Services on info@nebosh.org.uk with a completed copy of the Replacement Form, which can be downloaded here. Please note there is a fee for this service.


Can my employer check my results?

NEBOSH receives regular requests to verify that an individual actually holds a NEBOSH qualification.

If your employer has a copy of your qualification parchment, they can make a request in writing using the qualification verification request form. Please note that confirmation will be made in writing, which may take up to 20 working days. 


I am looking to expand my team, how can I confirm that the applicant has a NEBOSH qualification?

Student results/marks are "personal information" within the Data Protection Act (1998).  Under the Act, NEBOSH has a legal responsibility not to disclose personal information without the written consent of the student. However, if the student and their sponsor or employer have signed a contract setting out data rights for the sponsor, information can be supplied in accordance with that contract. After the details of the individual and organisation details have been verified by NEBOSH, we can verify qualifications.

The person subject to this request does not have to provide authorisation. However, they must be made aware that checks are being made. You must provide evidence that you have advised them that you are seeking to verify their qualification.

All verification requests should be addressed to verifications@nebosh.org.uk


Are there any events that I can attend as part of my continued professional development?

NEBOSH hold an annual event in the UK, towards the end of the year and are looking at introducing networking events at some key health and safety exhibitions in the UK and overseas. NEBOSH are also working with partners to offer you exclusive invites to events not hosted by NEBOSH.

Keep an eye out for details on the homepage or our social media channels.